If you’ve been following my blog, you know that I make all the bread that we eat at home. It’s cheaper and it’s quite tasty.
About a month ago we decided to try a different type of bread and all the experiments resulted in what I’m calling the Easiest Recipe: Sandwich Bread. But you could also call it “the laziest, tastiest loaf of bread you’ll have”. =) Yup, that good.
Let’s take a look at the recipe and some photos below it.
- 2 cups of lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon of yeast (I prefer to use the dried kind)
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 650g / 5 cups of all-purpose flour
- If you're using dry yeast, add the lukewarm water, yeast and salt to a big bowl and let sit - covered - a few minutes to activate the yeast.
- Add the flour and combine all the ingredients until there are no dry spots.
- Cover and place in the warmest place of your house, draft-free. I usually put it inside my oven. Let sit for about 45 minutes, or until it doubles in size.
- Transfer the dough to a loaf pan and gently tap the pan in a firm surface two or three times to get rid of some of the biggest pockets of air.
- Cover and, again, place in the warmest place of your house for about 30 minutes or until the dough domes up a bit over the top of the pan.
- About 10 minutes before the dough is ready to bake, turn the oven on 230ºC / 450F.
- When the dough is ready, you can add any topping that you like or leave it to bake as is. I like to add sunflower seeds.
- Bake the dough for 50 minutes.
- Immediately after it's ready, transfer the bread to a wire rack and let it cool for a couple of minutes before cutting.
This bread is really good and makes the perfect base for a sandwich. It yields enough for 8-9 sandwiches and you can even freeze it and take out of the freezer as needed (just thaw it and then heat or toast it in the oven/toaster).
Also, let me know what you think about the new recipe layout. I’m trying out this new plugin and I think it makes it easier to save/print recipes.
Have a great week and I’ll see you again tomorrow!
I like to share my posts here!