These were the first cookies I learned to make. They’re cinnamon cookies and the recipe is from a children’s recipe book that I loved as a kid because it had lots and lots of pictures! eheh They’re really good and really easy and quick to make.
Butter – 120g (1/2 cup)
Eggs – 2 small
All-purpose wheat flour – 540g (4 1/2 cups)
Honey – 100g (3 1/2 oz)
Brown sugar – 210g (1 1/4 cup)
Baking powder – 2 teaspoons
Ground cinnamon – 2 tablespoons
So, here’s how you do it. Real real simple.
1. Preheat the oven to 170º C (340º F).
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon to a big bowl. Add the sugar. Add the butter and mix it all up with your fingers. It’s gonna be messy, but necessary.
3. In a measuring cup stir the egg with all the honey until you get an even mixture.
4. Make a hole in the middle of the dry ingredients (seems a bit childish but it helps) and pour the liquid mixture in. Stir everything together until good enough to mix it again with your fingers. Do it well until you can form a ball of dough.
5. Put the ball in a plastic bag and keep it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. It’ll make it easier to roll it.
6. Roll the dough to 0,5 cm (1/8 – 1/4 inch) and cut it in the shape you want. I prefer round ones if they’re not for a special occasion. But you can really cut the shapes you want.
7. Put them in a cooking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
After that you can decorate them or eat as is. It’s so good and simple you’ll be addicted. I always do 2 or 3 recipes so I have lots and lots of cookies. If stored correctly, they last quite a long time. Have fun changing this recipe too. I’ve changed it and tried lots of combinations.
Try the recipe and send me feedbacks!