I like tofu and I’ve been trying to use it a bit more on our meals. You should too, it’s a great protein source and you can cook it in every imaginable way. This is my current favorite way to have it.
To make a great baked tofu you need to let it marinate for at least 3-4 hours. Tofu is almost tasteless, so you really need to season it well. This is a recipe for 750g (1.7lbs) of firm tofu and it serves 3/4, depending on how much you like it eheh
– 750g (1.7lbs) of firm tofu
– 1/2 cup of soy sauce
– 2 tablespoons dried minced garlic
– 1/4 cup of rum – I used cachaça, a brazilian liquor, but rum will work as well
1. Take as much moisture from the tofu as you can, using paper towels.
2. Cut the tofu in 0.4inch thick slices. Mix the soy sauce, garlic and rum in a small bowl.
3. Place the tofu slices in an oven dish and pour the sauce on top of it. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 3/4 hours.
4. Place the slices on a cookie sheet or tray and bake it for 45 minutes on medium-high.
5. When the slices look like in the photo above, they’re ready. You can always bake them for less or more time, depending on your own taste. I prefer mine almost crispy, and they’re delicious! Just make sure you don’t let them burn =)
6. Let them cool slightly in the tray and then you’re ready to serve! We’ve had it with rice and salad and it’s so good! And if you’re asking what happened to that amazing marinade… I placed two pork steaks, covered with plastic wrap, placed in the fridge and some hours later, boom! Another great meal! 😉
And here it is! If you have a great tofu recipe, please share it in the comments! I’d love to try it!